Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014

This holiday I've deliberately kept my activities to a minimum.  Doing nothing was the main item on my to do list.  We've had a rough two years and I felt we needed some serious downtime.  I puttered about in my pj's and cleaned out closets, cupboards and took care of all the little things I never have time for. Today for example, watching the Rose Bowl parade, a walk along a trail with my golden retriever - she loved it.  Not so much the bath afterwards but getting her groomed up takes time and right now I have the time.  This year is going to be about slowing down, relaxing and enjoying the little things in life more.  In essence - this year is going to be all about me.  Whatever strikes my fancy.  At least that's the plan.  I hope to be able to stick with it.

Some imagery to inspire me for 2014.

 
A trip to New York in the Spring would be nice.

 
My son has decided that he wants a new look - something more classic.

 
The drama of black and white

 
and more inside black and white glamour.

 
Some serious skin repair - this winter is taking it's toll. 
Some new luggage.

 
Definitely more beauty sleep.
  
 
And a serious bathroom cleanout.  I have no idea how old some of my cosmetics are.  Not to mention that some of my towels are at least ten years old.
 
 
And not so inspiring a garage cleanout - removal of the wheel chair ramp, clear out the basement and a storage area that houses 35 years worth of stuff from my parents.  Where to begin on that one.... for now - later - in the words of Scarlett O'Hara - "After all tomorrow is another day".
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...