Monday, October 29, 2012

Reminds me of ... The Devil Wears Prada

This kitchen reminds me of the kitchen from The Devil Wears Prada.  .A fashion film if ever there was one.  I've seen interior shots of this house and must admit as beautiful as parts of it are.  It's just too bright blue for my taste.


This isn't the actual town house - it just reminds me of it.
 
 
2006, The Devil Wears Prada
A naive young woman comes to New York and scores a job as the assistant to one of the city's biggest magazine editors, the ruthless and cynical Miranda Priestly. 



 
Meryl Streep as Amanda Priestley in The Devil Wears Prada
 
 
The actual townhouse used wasn't even the original one booked for the film.  A last minute substitution followed and I must admit the house is incredible.  Located at 129 East 73rd Street and Lexington Avenue, Manhattan the townhouse has an interesting history being in 1906 for the newly wed Charles Guggenheim and his wife Minnie. 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...