Friday, November 25, 2011

Brook Street

For some reason I see Cary Grant in these rooms.  Not really sure why.  There's something tailored and masculine about these rooms and I could see him living here comfortably. 




Figured it out.  In the movie "The Bishops Wife", Cary Grant puts on a scarf belonging to the bishop (David Niven), the print is very similar to the polka dot runner on the table above.  Boy do I have an eye or what.





 Starring Cary Grant, Loretta Young, and David Niven in a story about an angel who helps a bishop with his problems. The film was adapted from the 1928 novel of the same name by Robert Nathan, and was directed by Henry Koster.
Excerpted from Wikipedia
Cary Grant, David Niven, and Loretta Young in "The Bishops Wife"

This is one of my favourite Christmas movies.  Schmaltzy yes, but what good Christmas movie isn't.  Cary Grant and David Niven are two of my all time favourite actors and I love the character actor Monty Woolley as Professor Wutheridge.  It's a sweet, fun Christmas movie with a nice message and that's what they should be.

I'm off.  I've got some serious shopping to do.

1 comment:

  1. Very well spotted! Stunning decor. Not sure if I could live with it in a bedroom, but for an office... lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...